Health Care Assistant Instructors
- Current full registration or non-practicing registration with the CLPNBC, CRNBC or CRPNBC8
- Demonstrated ability to teach adult learners (i.e. Completion of Provincial Instructor Diploma or equivalent education, or previous teaching experience with satisfactory references or positive performance evaluations and student course evaluations)
- Two or more years of full-time nursing experience (1 year = 1400 hours) with relevant knowledge of the Canadian health care system, the roles and responsibilities of healthcare team members and current policies and procedures within residential and community care settings.
Nursing work experience to include:
- Experience in working with older adults with complex health needs
- Experience or orientation in home support and multi-level/complex care.
Note: Other faculty qualifications may be considered for the Interpersonal Communications course (e.g., undergraduate degree in a Health or Human Services field).