CHCA will not be offering the 52 week PN or 34 week Access to PN programs after June 30th 2012. In addition the NEW PN programs will not be available until the CLPNBC recognition has been achieved.
Canadian Health Care Academy has developed an Access to Practical Nursing program that integrates the 1st & 3rd terms of the generic together for RCA’s with at least 600 hours of experience working in the field. This 34 week program includes 300 supervised clinical hours and 185 preceptorship hours through weekly experiences.
Ongoing registration June 25 2012. Call for details.
· English 12/Communication 12, Biology 12 & Math 10 (65% or higher)
· Entrance Assessment Exam
· Nursing Skills Assessment
· Current Criminal Records Clearance (completed through the academy)
· Current medical, TB Clearance & Immunization records
· RCA/LTC Certificate or equivalent as per the Dean of Programs
· Over 300 hours of supervised weekly clinical practice in both long-term care and acute care settings
· 185 hours of preceptorship experience
· Supervised practice in a fully equipped nursing laboratory
· 484 hours of classroom instruction
· WHMIS Certificate
· Anatomy & Physiology
· Nursing skills
· Dementia care
· Nursing care for specific disease conditions
· Factors affecting health and healing
· Professional problem solving, care planning and conflict resolution
· Therapeutic communication skills
· Emergency First Aid & CPR C
Graduates must pass the licensing exam to become licensed by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC)
Call today for a private campus tour & to meet with a student services coordinator.