Dean of Nursing, Academic Affairs
· Chair the implementation of Canadian Health Care Academy’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the College and nursing community.
· Orchestrate leadership & encouragement to nursing faculty including determining and assigning appropriate faculty workloads.
· Advise in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified nursing faculty.
· Demonstrate leadership to the Academic instructional staff.
· Collaborate with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
· Be an Advocate for student success including, student persistence, graduation rates, first time CPRNE pass rates and student satisfaction and is accountable for the development of action plans to meet and maintain CHCA’s standards.
· Serve as resource, mentor and policy interpreter for academic leaders, faculty, and students.
· Initiate leadership in the development and maintenance of new programs and/or program expansion.
· Positively represent Canadian Health Care Academy to professional groups, organizations and the community at large.
· Empower a positive environment for our faculty, staff and students by modeling a care-based attitude.
· Master’s degree in nursing required.
· Doctorate degree preferred.
· Current practicing licensure as an RN with CRNBC
· Five years full time experience in nursing education required with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution and computer skills.
· Ability to lead, direct and advise both faculty and students.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
· A high degree of professionalism and integrity.
· Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
· Strength to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
· Solid organizational and time management skills.
Canadian Health Care is a values-based organization that believes in high-quality education, student satisfaction and industry-relevant facilities. Our instructors and support staff are dedicated to ensuring a positive experience for all students.We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses (RN) to fill the role of PN Instructors.
The PN Instructor will provide instruction and facilitate student learning in gerontology, community nursing, pediatric, mental health, and acute care, all clinical placements, etc. Our nursing department brings together instructors who are responsible for preparing and mentoring domestic and international students. Our instructors are responsible for assuring quality educational experiences that prepare our students both domestic and international to become Licensed Practical Nurses.
· Current practicing license with one of the nursing regulatory Colleges (CLPNBC, CRNBC, or CRPNBC)
· A credential in adult education/equivalent or in progress from an accredited post- secondary institution or willing to enroll for Instructional Development Program.
· Three to five years of recent and relevant practice experience (equivalent to full time hours per year)
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Nursing Unit Clerk Instructors. The NUC Instructor will provide instruction in the full range of courses and support to Nursing Unit Students in the Nursing Unit Clerk program, under the direction of the School Senior Educational Administrator. Applicants for this position require a Nursing Unit Clerk Certificate and/or to be registered as a Licensed Practical or Registered Nurse. Other qualification include a minimum 3 years of recent work experience in the medical field, preferably as a Nursing Unit Clerk or Licensed Practical or Registered Nurse, and exhibit a good working knowledge of procedures and the overall responsibilities of a unit clerk. Successful applicants will demonstrate excellent communication and team skills along with strong computer skills, including experience. Preference will be given to applicants with teaching and curriculum development experience in a Nursing Unit Clerk Program and to those applicants who have completed the Instructor’s Diploma program. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
HCA Instructors (Minimum Instructor Qualifications)
· 1. Current full registration or non-practicing registration with the CLPNBC, CRNBC or CRPNBC8
· 2. Demonstrated ability to teach adult learners (i.e. Completion of Provincial Instructor Diploma or equivalent education, or previous teaching experience with satisfactory references or positive performance evaluations and student course evaluations)
· 3. Two or more years of full-time nursing experience (1 year = 1400 hours) with relevant knowledge of the Canadian health care system, the roles and responsibilities of healthcare team members and current policies and procedures within residential and community care settings.
Nursing work experience to include:
· Experience in working with older adults with complex health needs
· Experience or orientation in home support and multi-level/complex care.
Note: Other faculty qualifications may be considered for the Interpersonal Communications course (e.g., undergraduate degree in a Health or Human Services field).
Lab and Practice Experience
· Same as per theory except must have current full registration with the CLPNBC, CRNBC or CRPNBC.