|Program Coordinator (PN Coordinator)
Reporting directly to the Dean of Nursing, the PN Coordinator is responsible to work with teaching faculty to ensure the implementation and success of the PN and Acess PN educational programs
Qualifications and Education:
Canadian Health Care is a values-based organization that believes in high-quality education, student satisfaction and industry-relevant facilities. Our instructors and support staff are dedicated to ensuring a positive experience for all students.We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses (RN) to fill the role of Nursing Instructors.
The Nursing Instructor will provide instruction and facilitate student learning in gerontology, community nursing, pediatric, maternity, mental health, and acute care, all clinical placements, etc. Our nursing department brings together instructors who are responsible for preparing and mentoring students. Our instructors are responsible for assuring quality educational experiences that prepare our students to become Licensed Practical Nurses.
· Current practicing license with one of the nursing regulatory Colleges (CLPNBC, CRNBC, or CRPNBC)
· A credential in adult education/equivalent or in progress from an accredited post- secondary institution or willing to enroll for Instructional Development Program.
· Three to five years of recent and relevant practice experience
For maternity nursing instructor Practice experience in Mother/Baby clinical area is required for maternity nurse Instructors
For Mental Health nursing instructor experience in Mental Health is required
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Nursing Unit Clerk Instructors. The NUC Instructor will provide instruction in the full range of courses and support to Nursing Unit Students in the Nursing Unit Clerk program, under the direction of the School Senior Educational Administrator. Applicants for this position require a Nursing Unit Clerk Certificate and/or to be registered as a Licensed Practical or Registered Nurse. Other qualification include a minimum 3 years of recent work experience in the medical field, preferably as a Nursing Unit Clerk or Licensed Practical or Registered Nurse, and exhibit a good working knowledge of procedures and the overall responsibilities of a unit clerk. Successful applicants will demonstrate excellent communication and team skills along with strong computer skills, including experience. Preference will be given to applicants with teaching and curriculum development experience in a Nursing Unit Clerk Program and to those applicants who have completed the Instructor’s Diploma program. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
HCA Instructors (Minimum Instructor Qualifications)
· 1. Current full registration or non-practicing registration with the CLPNBC, CRNBC or CRPNBC8
· 2. Demonstrated ability to teach adult learners (i.e. Completion of Provincial Instructor Diploma or equivalent education, or previous teaching experience with satisfactory references or positive performance evaluations and student course evaluations)
· 3. Two or more years of full-time nursing experience (1 year = 1400 hours) with relevant knowledge of the Canadian health care system, the roles and responsibilities of healthcare team members and current policies and procedures within residential and community care settings.
Nursing work experience to include:
· Experience in working with older adults with complex health needs
· Experience or orientation in home support and multi-level/complex care.
Note: Other faculty qualifications may be considered for the Interpersonal Communications course (e.g., undergraduate degree in a Health or Human Services field).
Lab and Practice Experience
· Same as per theory except must have current full registration with the CLPNBC, CRNBC or CRPNBC.