Nursing Unit Clerk
Our Nursing Unit Clerk program has been approved by the Registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Government of British Columbia. Nursing unit clerks are responsible for the medical records and any necessary forms for the patients staying in the nursing unit, preforming receptionist duties and communicating with other departments and areas of the hospital.
- Mature student of 19 years of age or Grade 12 or equivalent
- Language Proficiency Entrance Exam (minimum 65%)
The following are to be completed prior to the first practice education experience:
- CPR level “C”.
- Criminal Record Check
- All the online orientation courses required by the Health Authority, including fit testing
- Immunization as required by sites of practice education and recommended by BC Centre for Disease Control (2009): diphtheria and tetanus, polio, hepatitis B, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), varicella, and influenza
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray. Students who do not meet the immunization requirements may be prohibited from attending practice education experiences given particular Health Authority, or practice education site organization/agency policy.
Domestic Students: $150
International Students: $200
Domestic Students: $10,050
International Students: $12,000