Personal Support Worker
Our Personal Support Worker program has been approved by the Registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Government of British Columbia. The Personal Support Worker program will prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and assistance to allow individuals to lead active and fulfilled lives in the community and institutions. The program focuses on the full range of home and health related services required by the elderly, clients with disabilities, chronic illnesses, and cognitive impairment as well as clients recovering from acute illnesses. Under the direction and supervision of a health profession, graduates provide person-centered care aimed at promoting and maintaining the physical, emotional, cognitive and social well-being of clients/residents.
- Must have Grade 12 or mature student
- Must have IELTS 6.0 or meet the English Language Competency Requirements as specified by the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
The following are to be completed prior to the first practice education experience:
- CPR level “C”.
- Criminal Record Check
- All the online orientation courses required by the Health Authority, including fit testing
- Immunization as required by sites of practice education and recommended by BC Centre for Disease Control (2009): diphtheria and tetanus, polio, hepatitis B, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), varicella, and influenza
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray. Students who do not meet the immunization requirements may be prohibited from attending practice education experiences given particular Health Authority, or practice education site organization/agency policy.
Domestic Students: $150
International Students: $200
Domestic Students: $14,000
International Students: $16,000
Lab Fee: $275
Others Fees: $248.50